A-Z[ero waste] Art Alphabet Patch
Select your favourite letters from the alphabet to be made into 100% cotton patches.
I utilise the offcuts from the production of larger garments to create these pieces, custom made by an independent embroiderer.
These custom patches have been created in collaboration with an embroidery artist in the Lake District of England from pieces of Over All 1516 denim that were too small to make into dungarees.
Black cotton thread has been used to stitch a thick border around bleached denim and form the shapes of the alphabet in the signature Over All 1516 font. The decision to use cotton thread rather than polyester was a conscious environmental and aesthetic choice.
Each letter has iron-on backing to help the patch adhere to the garment.
- Place patch on garment.
- Set iron temperature for cotton.
- Cover patch with a piece of damp cloth.
- Iron for 10-15 seconds.
- Turn garment inside out and iron until dry.
For total security, I recommend either hand or machine sewing the patch to your chosen garment or accessory, ideally with black thread along the embroidered outline.
- Subtle a-line shape - perfect balance of a little flare without too much volume
- Contrast topstitching
- Deep functional hip pockets
- Functional chest pocket
- Adjustable straps
- 100% organic cotton canvas
- 100% cotton lining
- 100% cotton thread
- Custom hand screen printed label
- Black metal hardware